“By 2022, online videos will make up more than 82% of all consumer internet traffic — 15 times higher than it was in 2017 .” (Cisco)
I’m sorry…82%? I’ll be honest – that scares the heck out of me! I am good with writing intelligent copy, writing social media posts and doing engaging graphics…but video? Putting myself out there like that? I am guilty of watching the occasional reels (short-form video clip) at the top of my Facebook feed, but to actually get in front of the camera and make them for my own business?!?
I’m a bit apprehensive about creating videos to market my business…and I know, based on conversations that I have had with several colleagues recently, that I am not alone. Some of the objections that both myself and others have come up with are:
- Video is complicated I don’t know what software/tools to use
- How do I look natural on video?
- I don’t understand how to go Live on FB, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc…
- TikTok… really? As an adult, serious business owner?
- I don’t want to be on camera – other ideas?
- I have imposter syndrome – how do I come across as an expert?
We’ve all felt this way about putting ourselves out there and creating video content, right? Well it turns out that the Top 3 Objections to Producing Video Content for Marketing are:
- Imposter Syndrome
- Not wanting to show yourself on camera
- Not understanding the equipment needed
Well, Gen X’ers – we’re in luck because I have a great professional to help us out!
Ed Troxell is a Video Coach/Consultant specializing in live streaming video. He helps industry professionals (real estate agents, coaches, consultants, speakers) grow their business online through video marketing – making it easier to create and share video content without all the complicated tech or perfectionism that holds most people back. Ed has created this special video, just for this newsletter, as a collaborative effort with me to help myself and others get on board the video train!
Watch it now…
Wow! That was awesome, Ed! Great ideas and suggestions on how we can all get started with video now to market our businesses.
Ed gave us solutions to our objections – we are always our own worst enemies, right? Here’s a very brief overview of Ed’s advice – you NEED to watch the whole video to get all the juice!
- Imposter Syndrome: Do Ed’s mindset exercise!
- Not wanting to show yourself on camera: Occasional use of other forms of video, like slides presentations, or other movies, etc… but you need to get comfortable with your face being out there because people buy from people whom they know, like and trust.
- Not understanding the equipment needed: Do not let that stop you from getting started. You can upgrade later. For now, you have everything you need: your phone and natural lighting (window). That’s it. No stress and no excuses 🙂
Remember that quote from the beginning of this article – 82% – that’s an insane amount. Do not let your business suffer because you are uncomfortable with video.
Put some of Ed’s ideas to use today – do his Imposter Syndrome exercise!
Thanks so much, Ed, for your guidance today! And thank you as well, for offering a free discovery call to our readers! Reach out to Ed today at https://edtroxell.com/chat – be sure to mention this article when doing so!