Tools I recommend
Below are tools that I use, love and recommend. Some are affiliate links which means I can earn money but I only recommend based off what I love – not how much I could make. Read more about my disclaimer here.
Name.com – Best place to buy your domain names from and they are always having deals!
SiteGround – Web hosting for your self-hosted WordPress website – best tech support around!
Divi WordPress theme – The best WordPress theme for any website as it can do as little or as much as you like
WordPress made Stupid Easy – build your website in under an hour
Zoom – Video conferencing made super easy and affordable!
Vimeo – Like YouTube but much more user-friendly and has more privacy controls – I use it for uploading my course videos
Video editor for PC users – This one was recommended by a good friend, I have not personally used it yet as I use iMovie on my Mac
Dubsado – This all-in-one program is everything you need for running your business no matter what your budget it
G-Suite – The best way to manage your office on the go from Word docs to Spreadsheets to PowerPoints and more!
QuickBooks – The only way to go for managing your business finances and their phone support is amazing!
Acuity Scheduling – Any easy to use online booking system that works for any type of business and budget
1Password – Stop stressing about your passwords or worse forgetting them completely with this free mobile app
Trello – Easy to use project management system that fits every budget and every project
Stupid Easy – The easiest way to create and sell your next online course
Buffer – A social media scheduler that keeps it simple and is easy to use
Canva – Your personal design studio
Good to know
Tools I use for the show (note: some links below are affiliate links. Learn more here)
- Learn about business insurance
- Start creating your business plan
- Every freelancer: Check out Freelancers Union
- Find business advisors SCORE, SBA, SBDC
- Help protect you & your business by getting an EIN
- Here are some business templates
- Copyright terms you should know even if you are not a writer
- Growing relationships – A great resource by Kyle Gray
- Books you should be reading when starting a business
- Podcasts Ed is listening to
- The ultimate home office setup guide